January 3, 2009

Yoga Class


Yoga was amazing today! I asked my mom if we could go to a non-hot class, and she obliged. I actually liked it better because every time I go to a hot class, I can't really focus on the poses as much because I find myself thinking about the heat rather than the poses. Also, there were only about 7 people there so the instructor could give a lot of one-on-one attention. I even got complimented :) also towards the end we did handstands! It's really hard but we did a few variations against the wall, and then we did one that required a partner. Naturally, my mom and I were partners so I'm lucky I had someone I could be comfortable with. I did the full handstand and I'll probably be sore tomorrow. It requires a lot of upper body concentration. I'm trying to remember a lot of what I do in classes so that I can do it on my own. I really enjoy yoga and I wish I could go to this studio all the time! Too bad it's not in St. Louis. I guess it will just give me another thing to look forward to for when I come home.

No comments: