January 4, 2009

Christmas... on the Epiphany

My first white Christmas this year was a success.  Having lived in the south all my life,  it was a new experience to listen to Christmas carols such as "Let It Snow" and "White Christmas"  and actually be able to know what they were talking about.  It made getting into the Christmas Spirit quite the easy task.  

I had a great time with my family, minus my brother who couldn't come.  We explored downtown Toronto, did lots of Christmas shopping, ate lots of baked goods, and watched my little nephew Daniel crawl around every surface of our house. 

The top photo was taken at Niagara Falls when we ventured down to view the landmark.  It was a very rainy day, and the mist from the falls added to the large amount of precipitation that was already in the air.  Needless to say, we got wet...very wet.  I thought this light post was cool though because the mist from the falls had skewed the icicles so they look like tentacles or something. 


Below is a picture of me enjoying a cup of hot chocolate on my 3rd or so day here in Mississauga, Ontario.  It had snowed a bundle that day, and it was a great sight to see.  I enjoyed my snowy <> Holding the Texas mug serves as a bit of allusion to my past Christmas which was spent in Sugar Land, TX.  I must say, though, after experiencing a white Christmas that I love it.  It's so fun and festive to have snow all around.  Something about the cold white ground outside makes the house feel much cozier.  It was a very Merry Christmas, indeed.









No comments: