December 6, 2008

FINALS

Why does everything fun seem to happen right around finals week?
For example:
- Gingerbread making activities 
- Basketball games
- Formals 
- Multiple Christmas parties for various clubs
- A Capella group concerts
- One-act plays 

... just to name a few.  As a highly involved member of the SLU community, I like to participate in many such events.  However my professors have done every bit they can to make that impossible.  Last week (the week before finals begin) was filled with multiple projects, papers, and homework assignments. This is not conducive for getting a good jump on studying.  Monday is the last day of class, Tuesday is "study day" and finals go from  Wednesday until Tuesday.  I have managed to score cumulative finals in 5 out of 6 classes, and the first one is on the STUDY DAY.  Now, I think my professor read the words "study day" wrong... because I'm pretty sure they imply a day designated for studying, not test taking.  So yes, I am one of the lucky students who's finals not only begin before the allotted "finals week" period, but they also last until the very last day as my Statistics final takes place at 8am on Tuesday.  I am a bit bitter about the fact that my study day has been usurped by a dreadful test. Many of my fellow students are leisurely taking their 3 or 4 non-cumulative finals and finishing them well before the very last day.  Arg.  So as I've previously stated, it's been nearly impossible for me to participate much in recent campus events which just kills me.  I love how the campus conveniently gets even more active right around the time that everyone has to lock themselves deep in the corridors of Pius Library.  Especially me.  

So, needless to say, I will be very happy to reach the end of this semester, even if it calls for a disappointing lack of attendance to all of the other fun things that I could be doing.  

Now I'm going to leave the library and bring my books to the gym where I'll hopefully lose calories and add to my wealth of knowledge. 

 Elliptical machine + textbook + Kelly = super SLUdent 
(too cheesy?) 

The opposite of what I'm trying to demonstrate this week: 



2 comments:

Lisa said...

You are a little nut!

rachnd1213 said...

Hope the finals went well today!